Printer does not recognize the USB HDD accessory connected.
Try the following:
1. Switch the power off from the back of the printer. Connect the USB HDD accessory, check the USB cable is properly connected and power on the printer. If the USB HDD accessory is not available (has been lost or broken), proceed with step 2.
2. If the problem persists, power off from the back of the printer. Power on the printer again while pressing the keys Menu, OK and Cancel keys simultaneously until the front panel asks “Printer configured to use External Hard Disk. Do you want to revert the printer to Internal Hard Disk?”. Confirm by pressing OK (twice). Remove the USB HDD accessory (if connected). The printer will restart.
3. After the printer reaches the Ready state, try connecting any other USB device (known to work properly) to the printer port where the hard disk accessory should be connected.
◦ If a message appears on the Front Panel reacting to the USB device just connected (such as “Please remove USB device” or “Press OK to…”), press Cancel and remove the USB Device. This means the HDD Accessory is faulty and should be replaced.
◦ If nothing appears on the Front Panel reacting to the USB device just connected, the Formatter is faulty and should be replaced.